What are wave field energy and bandwidth:
Wave field (Tron) energy bandwidth is a resource system used for processing and executing smart contracts and transactions. In the Tron network, each account has a certain amount of bandwidth and energy.
When an account sends a transaction or executes a smart contract, the corresponding bandwidth and energy will be consumed. The consumption of bandwidth and energy depends on the complexity and computational requirements of the transaction or smart contract. An account needs more bandwidth or energy to be able to send transactions or execute smart contracts once its bandwidth and energy are restored. (The Tron network can use resources or consume Trx to achieve the purpose of data on-chain.)
How to obtain energy and bandwidth:
Bandwidth and energy can be acquired and increased by holding and freezing TRX tokens. Users can gain more bandwidth and energy by freezing TRX tokens in their accounts, enabling them to perform more transactions and smart contract operations. Alternatively, users can utilize the leasing market to pay for fixed energy, which generally has lower overall costs than staking TRX energy tokens.
Usage of Staking 2.0:
1. Open TokenPocket and click on the “Bandwidth/Energy” menu in the toolbar, which contains various functions in the Bandwidth/Energy interface.
View Stake 1.0: Used to view the staking data in Stake 1.0, such as retrieving staked TRX.
Bandwidth Data: View the amount of bandwidth, including data on the delegation to others, others’ delegation, and unlockable delegation.
Energy Data: View the amount of energy held, including data on the delegation to others, others’ delegation, and unlockable delegation.
Stake/Resource Management Menu: Used to perform all operations related to Stake 2.0.
2. Click on “Staking Management” to choose between “Freeze” and “Unfreeze” based on your actual bandwidth/energy needs.
Freeze operation: Based on the TRX balance in your current wallet, enter the amount you wish to stake in the quantity field to obtain resources. These assets can be delegated for others to use.
Unfreeze operation: If the frozen resources have not been used for other operations or if you have reclaimed the staked assets delegated to others, you can see the amount available for unfreezing on the interface. Enter the quantity you wish to unfreeze in the quantity field and execute the operation. It will take 14 days for the assets to return to your wallet. Once the time period has expired, you can perform a withdrawal operation in the “Withdrawable” section, and only then will the TRX be returned to your wallet address.
3. Resource management primarily involves executing delegated tasks and retrieving delegated tasks. Enter the amount to be delegated in the “Resource Management” column and set the “Receiving Address.” The selection of the “With a Lock-up Period” is crucial here. If you choose “Yes,” the usage time for these resources will be strictly limited to 3 days after execution. If you choose “No,” you can retrieve the delegated tasks immediately after execution, as shown in the image on the right.
Usage of Energy Leasing:
Although TRON Stake 2.0 is a significant upgrade for TRON, providing substantial improvements in staking operations, resource management, and asset unlocking waiting periods, among other dimensions, the 14-day unlocking period is much longer than the 3-day period in Stake 1.0. This may make it less user-friendly for some ordinary users. Therefore, the demand for the energy leasing market becomes crucial as it can save users more TRX consumption.
1. Open the energy leasing interface, which is divided into two main categories: “Buy” and “Sell.”
Buying energy: Click on the “Buy” menu and set the desired quantity within the range of 50,000–1,000,000,000 as required by the system. The price per day represents the unit price of energy (if a price higher than 110 Sun is selected, the order may be completed earlier). The default duration for leasing is 3 days. Once all the information is confirmed, click “Buy Now” to proceed.
2. After completing the purchase, you can see a green notification at the top of the interface, and you need to wait for a moment to see the increase in energy. Click on the “Sell” menu, and in the pop-up interface, you will see three options. The first and second options are for confirming the method of selling energy. Here, I will focus on explaining the first method. You can refer to the specific operational steps in the image. It utilizes the principle of Tron’s multi-signature feature by granting active authorization to the address of this DApp. However, it is limited to the following six permission settings. You can configure the permissions by selecting the options below:
TRX Stake 2.0: This is the new version of the staking permission. After authorizing the platform, it will automatically stake TRX to obtain resources for you.
TRX UnStake 1.0: This is the unstaking permission. After authorizing the platform, it will automatically release the frozen orders with a version of 1.0.
Resources Delegate: This is the permission to delegate resources. After authorizing the platform, it can automatically sell resources.
Resources Reclaims: This is the permission to cancel resource delegation. After authorizing the platform, it will automatically reclaim expired delegated resources.
Voting: This authorizes voting permission. After a successful sale, it can automatically vote and obtain TRX equity rewards.
Reward Withdraw: This is the permission to claim rewards. After authorizing the platform, it will automatically claim equity earnings to your wallet.
3. Click on the “Sell” menu in the list, and the opened interface allows you to sell your idle resources and earn profits. The operation here is very simple. After verifying the information and completing the sale, you can view the detailed order records in the “Sell” list at the bottom of the interface.
TokenPocket is the world’s leading multi-chain self-custodial wallet, which supports mainstream public chains including BTC, ETH, BSC, TRON, Polygon, Solana, HECO, Klaytn, Avalanche, OKC, HSC, Fantom, Polkadot, Kusama, etc. The trinity of TokenPocket mobile wallet, chrome extension wallet, and hardware wallet has been formally formed. The Secret Recovery Phrase and Private Key are stored in the user’s own device and the user can fully control his own crypto assets. TokenPocket has provided reliable services for over 20 million users around the world. The number of monthly active users exceeds 3.5 million and the users are located in more than 200 countries around the world.